Joana Rocha, is mother of twins, Maria do Mar and Benjamin, of 4 years old. She graduated in mechanical engineering at Instituto Superior Técnico but opted for a different career ... she chose to fulfill her dream and became the 1st Professional Female Surfer in Portugal.
At the same time that she was competing, Joana, together with her sister Rita, founded the first European company to organize events for the 6-star Women's World Surfing Championship and for 13 years "ROCKSISTERS" trained more than 2,000 surfers!
Joana Rocha has become one of the greatest ambassadors of national surfing and in her curriculum she has several titles, of which the Junior National Bi-Champion, National Open Champion, representation on the national team for 6 times, with emphasis on the conquest of Bi- European champion and his 16th place in the ISA world cup.
Later, when she withdrew from the competition, she developed his business in Portugal, Hostels specially designed for surfers "CHILL IN ERICEIRA SURFHOUSE", which is still part of her work today.
In recent years Joana has followed her heart again, started a new career in the field of personal development and has supported children and teenagers to become more authentic and courageous human beings in the pursuit of their dreams.
She is the founder of Coaching Young Minds School.
Joana Rocha has training in Life Coaching, Business Coaching, Sports Mental Coaching, Meditation Facilitator and Emotional Support for children and is currently graduating as an Awareness Facilitator, by Working with Satya Training School, a training in psychocorporal therapy with a focus on awakening awareness, as a Teen Coach, using the Grow Method and Surf Coach Grade II, by Lusófona.
- Top 36 World Qualifying Series WQS 2011
-19th World Qualifying Series WQS - Azores 2011
- Top 45 World Qualifying Series WQS 2010
- National Surfing Champion 2009
-5th World Qualifying Series WQS - Peru 2009
- 5th Europe Region World Qualifying Series 2009
- 6x Representing Portugal on the National Team - 2003 (Canary Islands), 2005 (Portugal), 2006 (EUA), 2007 (France), 2008 (Portugal), 2009 (New Jersey)
- 16th on ISA World Surfing Games 2008
- 3rd Eurosurf Championships 2007
- 2x European Champions 2005 (Portugal) and 2007 (France)
- 3x National Championship Runner Up 2004, 2005 and 2006
- 2x Junior National Champion 1998 and 1999
- Surfing Female World Events Organiser - from 1999 to 2012, more than 2000 girls were trained to be successful surfers
- Awareness Facilitator Training, Working With Satya, 2019 to 2021
- TeenCoaching, Instituto de Crescimento InfantoJuvenil, 2020
- Surfing Coach Level II, Lusófona, 2019/2020
- Sports Mental Coaching, Coaching Desportivo, 2019
- Life Coaching, World Coaching Organization, 2018
- Surfing Coach Level I, Lusófona, 2016/2017
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Instituto Superior Técnico, 2010
- Surfing and Emotional Intelligence Programs for KIDS and TEENS, since 2020
- Teens Facilitator, Individual Sessions (Presencial and Online), since 2019
- Surfing and Life Coaching Camps for Teens, since 2019
- Life Coach, Individual Sessions (Presencial and Online) since 2018
- Chill In Ericeira Surfhouse and Surf School owner since 2013
- Personal Development Work since 2010
- Motivational Speaker at Schools since 2009 (Portugal, Brasil and Indonesia)
- Surfing World Events Organiser - from 1999 to 2012, more than 2000 girls were trained to be successful surfers